A Little Bit About the Group and it’s History
The 39th Fife Scout group was started in 1936 under the sponsorship of St. Margaret’s Church, Touch of which we remain a part. At that time the group met in the Church Hall at New Row.
The group moved to our current Scout Hall in Carron Grove in 1975 following the church move to Touch. We have one of the best facilities in the Dunfermline District which have been fully refurbished over the past few years . 2016 will see the Group celebrating our 80th Anniversary the same year as the Cub Section celebrates being 100 years old.
The group celebrated its 75th Anniversary in 2011 with the main celebration being a camp for Scouts and Explorers at Kandersteg International Scout Centre (KISC) in Switzerland. We followed this up with another trip to KISC in 2014 and we are hoping to make an international trip a regular feature.
39th Fife offers Scouting to both boys and girls from 6 to 18 years old through Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorer Scouts. Over 18’s can join the Scout Network and/or become Leaders in the group. Camping is still the most desired adventurous activity of our youngsters and we run regular camps for all sections, both indoors and outdoors, throughout the year.
Our Explorer Scouts (aged 14-18) are also encouraged to become Young Leaders and help out with the Beaver and Cub sections.